Glossary about Technology

Technology

In this glossary, I'm gonna explain a lot of words that can help you understand more about computer science

algorithm
noun
A process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer
Example: I am learning algorithms
fr: algorithme
Algorithm
Coding
Verb
the process of assigning a code to something for the purposes of classification or identification.
Example: I am learning how to code
fr: Codage
Coding computer science
Monitor
noun
an instrument or device used for observing, checking, or keeping a continuous record of a process or quantity.
Example: I am reparing my monitor that broke
fr: Moniteur
Monitor
systems
noun
a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network.
Example: I am learing what systems are
fr: systèmes
Systems
data
noun
facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
Example: I am collecting Data
fr: Les données
data
graphic card
noun
A Graphics Card is a piece of computer hardware that produces the image you see on a monitor.
Example: I just bought a new graphic card
fr: carte graphique
graphic card
processor
noun
In computing, a processor or processing unit is an digital circuit which performs operations on some external data source, usually memory or some other data stream.
Example: I just repaired my processor
fr: processeur
Proccesor
RAM card
noun
A RAM card is a physical memory module that is plugged into a computer's motherboard
Example: I just took out the RAM card of my computer
fr: Carte RAM
RAM card
Motherboard
noun
a printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer or other device, with connectors into which other circuit boards can be slotted.
Example: My Motherboard just broke
fr: Carte mère
motherboard
software
noun
Software, instructions that tell a computer what to do. ... Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system.
Example: I just created a new software
fr: Logiciel
software
keyboard
noun
a panel of keys that operate a computer or typewriter.
Example: My keyboard has blue lights in it
fr: clavier
keyboard
Mouse pad
noun
a piece of rigid or slightly resilient material on which a computer mouse is moved.
Example: My mouse pad is dirty
fr: Tapis de souris
mouse pad
video card
noun
a printed circuit board controlling output to a display screen.
Example: I have a good quality video card
fr: carte vidéo
video card
power supply
noun
A power supply is an electrical device that supplies electric power to an electrical load. ... The source power may come from the electric power grid, such as an electrical outlet, energy storage devices such as batteries or fuel cells, generators or alternators, solar power converters, or another power supply.
Example: My power supply is in my computer
fr: source de courant
power supply
USB ports
noun
A USB port is a standard cable connection interface on computers and consumer electronics used for short-distance digital communications ...
Example: I have USB ports on my computer
fr: Ports USB
USB ports
Computer
noun
an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.
Example: I have a new computer
fr: Ordinateur
computer ( PC )
solid state drive (SSD)
noun
(SSD) is a new generation of storage device used in computers. SSDs replace traditional mechanical hard disks by using flash-based memory, which is significantly faster.
Example: I just bought a brand new SSD
fr: lecteur à état solide (SSD)
SSD
tower ( for computer )
noun
A computer case which arranges the internal components vertically. Towers are a common style of case design because they allow heat to rise and escape more easily, while also providing easy access to components in the computer
Example: My Tower is really heavy
fr: tour (pour ordinateur)
tower
program
noun
a series of coded software instructions to control the operation of a computer or other machine.
Example: The program is not working
fr: programme
program
engine
noun
a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion.
Example: The engine of my computer is broken
fr: moteur
engine

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog